Re: bits from the release team: release goals, python, X.org, amd64, timeline

Steve Langasek a écrit :
On Tue, May 30, 2006 at 11:50:28PM +0200, Fabrice Lorrain wrote:

What is the current status of nfsv4 in testing.
What can we expect for etch ?
- does people from debian kernel-team follow the current dev (CITI patch, krb5p support reintroduce in late 2.6.17 etc...) ? - What is the current status of userland tools (nfs-utils + CITI patch, kerberos, idmap, librpcsecgss [1])

And more generaly what nfsv4 feature could we count on for etch.

It seems [2] that Trond Myklebust was at Debconf and from his mail Dapper is more or less in shape... If it's not an ongoing work, maybe time for the grab-ubuntu-patch-merge-an-improved-debian-version dance (at DD's discretion,).

You'll want to direct these questions to the respective maintainers, not to
the release team.

Ack.

As I'm not particularily interrested by a private discussion with "respective maintainers". cc and followup to d-devel.

To sum up, I'm interressed to know what status of nfsv4 support we can expect for etch. As information on the subject in {www,lists,wiki}.debian.org is pretty thin a public status report from DD's concerned ((kernel-team, nfs-utils, {MIT,Heimal}-kerberos) might benefit everybody.

Thanks.

	Fab