Re: Getting rid of ucd-snmp (libsnmp4.2)

Le Mer 19 Avril 2006 16:37, Jochen Friedrich a écrit :
> Hi Pierre,
>
> > uploaded in delayed/2 with urgency set to high.
> >
> > I just applied the patch mentioned twice on the BTS.
>
> Currently, cheops is the only app still using this ancient SNMP
> library (at least on i386, cheops uses libsnmp9 on all other archs
> and in Ubuntu, as well). I'd really prefer to switch cheops to
> libsnmp9 for i386, as well and let libsnmp4.2 die its greatful death
> and remove it from etch. According to the upstream developers, there
> *might* be one final 4.2.7 release, but it's still not recommended
> due to the remaining 64-bit bugs and upstream maintenance will
> definitely stop here.

oookay, right, I was just trying to make the RC bug count go down. given
the little time it took me, I can hardly consider it lost.

I guess there is no harm done. I'm not very interested in snmp, I was
only doing QA work on packages with RC bugs older than 30 days.

thanks for the informations btw !

have a nice day.
--
·O·  Pierre Habouzit