Re: release policy changes

Thomas Bushnell BSG writes:
> I'm confused: if a program doesn't link to libstdc++, then why exactly
> does a dependency need to be declared?  That is, if the package builds
> correctly with only packages in build-essential, then why should some
> other package get listed?

How can you tell, for which C++ ABI packages like mozilla-dev and
festival-dev are built? IMO that is the technical reason you are
asking for. It doesn't matter if an application or a library is linked
to libstdc++. Remember that C++ ABI != libstdc++ API. AFAIK packages
like php4 have such provides as well.

	Matthias