Re: Please accept belocs-locales-data 2.3.4-12

Denis Barbier wrote:
> This version is in unstable for 4 days, testing has 2.3.4-7, and I
> will explain in this mail why I believe that this change is safe and
> meets your criteria whereas interdiff reports that more than 55k lines
> have changed in diff.gz files ;)
>
> Several changes are due to moving hunks between patches under
> debian/patches.  This package is Arch: all and has been built on a sarge
> box, so I will give explanations about changes in binary packages instead
> of source packages in order to focus on real changes:
>    $ dpkg-deb -x belocs-locales-data_2.3.4-7_all.deb old
>    $ dpkg-deb -x belocs-locales-data_2.3.4-12_all.deb new
>    $ find old new -name \*.gz -exec gunzip {} \;
>
> Changes can be summed up into 6 categories:
>   1. Changes in date_fmt
>   2. New tl_PH.ISO-8859-15 in SUPPORTED
>   3. Backport of upstream CVS commits
>   4. Other improvements in locales files
>   5. Addition of first_weekday fields
>   6. Improvements in GB18030 and UTF-8 charmaps.
>
> I would like to push this version into testing because of the first
> item.

Fine. Make an upload to unstable or to t-p-u containing only that first
item. I didn't even look at your diff, since it seems absure to me to
accept all these other changes into testing, so this is not a formal
reject of it; perhaps some other member of the release team will feel
like wasting their time on it.

> To summarize, I believe that all these changes are suitable for sarge.

I believe that reviewing in detail 55kloc diffs will make my eyes bleed.

--
see shy jo