Re: Dual layer DVD

On Wed, Sep 08, 2004 at 03:57:34PM +0300, Abdullah Ramazanoglu wrote:
>begin  Steve McIntyre <steve@einval.com> dedi ki:
>>
>>   13 or 14 650 MB CDs (jigdos on the main cdimage site, with some mirrors
>>   carrying the full ISOs)
>
>Maybe it's already discussed somewhere, but don't 700 MB CDs make more
>sense? It would reduce the number of discs by one, and anyway de facto
>CD size is 700 MB nowadays.

We did have this discussion a while back, yes. Several people are
still attached to 650MB for CDs; to be fair, many older drives don't
like reading 700MB CDs, especially CD-Rs. It wouldn't make much
difference for us, so I'd just leave it at 650 for sarge.

"I've only once written 'SQL is my bitch' in a comment. But that code
 is in use on a military site..." -- Simon Booth