Re: Dual layer DVD

Richard Atterer schrieb am Dienstag, 07. September 2004 um 15:58:55 +0200:
> > Of course, another option is to go for dual-sided single-layer DVD (aka
> > DVD-10), but that loses much of the convenience for the user. Comments?
>
> I think dual-sided DVDs are *very* unpopular, aren't they?

AFAIK dual-sided single-layer is identical to two single-sided
single-layer disks.

Suse sells their distribution on dual-sided single-layer DVDs. Maybe
this is cheaper than two DVDs or one dual-layer.

Since dual-layer writers and disks are expensive such images might only
interessting for high volume distributors.

--
Jörg Friedrich

There are only 10 types of people:
Those who understand binary and those who don't.