Re: FTFBS in sarge

Hi,

On Wed, Sep 08, 2004 at 06:14:08AM +0200, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> Have you tried talking to the gcc maintainer team to find some mips
> guys directly? Or to the linux-mips mailinglist? Maybe some non Debian
> person can help.

No, I haven't, but maybe someone reading this thread will notice now.
Given that emails to the debian-mips list failed to attract any mips
guru's attention, I just sort of gave up... sorry.

> Have you considered dropping just the clisp needing parts for not
> fully supported archs? On i386 I don't see a Depends: clisp in mcvs so
> it seems to be usefull without it at first glance. Maybe that would
> solve the problem.

Meta-CVS only needs to Build-Depend on clisp since it uses clisp-link to
compile a standalone binary, /usr/bin/mcvs. As soon as that is built
there are no further dependencies on clisp, which is why there aren't
any Depends: clisp for any architectures. It's strictly a
Build-Dependency only.

> Since you have a problem with the language support for the specific
> arch it is very hard to find someone qualified to fix this.

:(

Thanks anyway!
- robin