Re: Why is licq scheduled for removal?

Hi,

first of all the good news: Anthony Towns has pushed it back in time
into sarge, so it is not at all removed. Thanks, Anthony.

* Peter Eisentraut (peter_e@gmx.net) [041022 15:05]:
> 2. The bug in question was a build failure.  If you're going to follow the
> bug-tracking system quasi blindly, please make the autobuilder maintainers
> tag their bugs appropriately.  The version of the package that you are
> removing wasn't the target of the bug in the first place.

I disagree. This error would probably also happen in sarge, because the
kernel is out-of-sync with the libtool.

> Am Freitag, 22. Oktober 2004 14:17 schrieb Andreas Barth:

> > However, licq will re-enter testing once
> > the RC-bug is solved with your next upload.

> Except that this package depends on KDE, so we are possibly going to be stuck
> without licq in sarge for months or forever.  Assuming that the KDE
> transition doesn't happen any time soon, should I reupload the
> about-to-be-removed version to testing-proposed-updates (assuming that that
> appears sometime before KDE)?

I'll correct my answer: Yes, please upload a fix of that RC-bug into
t-p-u if time permits.

Cheers,
Andi
--