Re: hylafax and sarge

On Sun, Aug 22, 2004 at 09:32:22AM +0200, Giuseppe Sacco wrote:
> hi all,
> the hylafax packages have been blocked in unstable since the arm buildd
> is really slow. Moreover hylafax was waiting for the libtiff transition
> and has been in unstable for 18 days now.

> There are numerous bug fixes in the unstable (4.1.8-16) version and a
> new version has already been upload to experimental (4.2.0-1). It is not
> an "experimental" version: it a new upstream version that I wouldn't
> upload to unstable for not slowing the libtiff transition.

> Yesterday a new grave bug was reported (#267270) against the version in
> testing (4.1.8-13) and I would like to fix bug in a new 4.2.0-2 version.

> So:
> 4.1.8-13 is in testing with a GRAVE bug
> 4.1.8-16 is in unstable and still contain the bug
> 4.2.0-1 is in experimental
> 4.2.0-2 is ready and fixes the problem, but I still have to upload it

> What should I do to make sure that hylafax goes into sarge?

Please upload a fixed package to unstable with urgency=high.  If you
believe the best way to fix this problem is with the new upstream
version, that's fine.  None of the tiff-related stuff can move right now
without a bit of help from an ftpmaster, and it will take a few days
after that before the transition will be complete.  A high-priority
upload of hylafax shouldn't hurt this process.

Thanks,
--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer