Re: Bug fixes held up by buildds

On Sat, Aug 21, 2004 at 02:34:33PM +0100, Mark Brown wrote:
> I've got a couple of packages that I really think ought to make it into
> sarge but are not making it there because there seems to be no prospect
> of them being built by several of the buildds.

> One is NIS, where the current version segfaults running ypxfr on PowerPC
> (and possibly other architectures).  This makes it rather unusable as a
> slave on the affected architectures.

> The other is Leafnode, where there are useful bugfixes in the current
> upstream release including some that could loose data.  This is much
> less serious (I probably wouldn't mention it except for NIS).

> Is there anything I should be doing this situation?

Unless the missing builds are caused by build failures, which doesn't
seem to be the case here, just hang tight; the freeze will be delayed
until legitimate fixes that were uploaded before the original deadline
have had a chance to propagate.

It would be helpful if you would comment these packages at
http://www.wolffelaar.nl/~sarge/ if you haven't already done so.

Thanks,
--
Steve Langasek