Bug fixes held up by buildds

I've got a couple of packages that I really think ought to make it into
sarge but are not making it there because there seems to be no prospect
of them being built by several of the buildds.

One is NIS, where the current version segfaults running ypxfr on PowerPC
(and possibly other architectures).  This makes it rather unusable as a
slave on the affected architectures.

The other is Leafnode, where there are useful bugfixes in the current
upstream release including some that could loose data.  This is much
less serious (I probably wouldn't mention it except for NIS).

Is there anything I should be doing this situation?