Re: Who checks for bugs fixed in unstable but not in sarge?

On Thu, Aug 12, 2004 at 02:23:00PM +0200, Jeroen van Wolffelaar wrote:

> Rather than complaining and posing that people aren't doing their jobs,
> and asking "which member of e release team is responsible for doing this
> task?", you could _help_ instead.

If the release management has announced a concrete timeline for the next
release, this implies that the release management knows who handles such
forseeable tasks.

> I made a list of RC bugs that are still unfixed in sarge after they were
> fixed for over a month in sid. You would have known that if you
> subscribed to this list, but although you apparantly want to question
> the release team's quality, you don't.
>
> By the way, it isn't my job to track those bugs. It's indeed an issue,
> and you could help by propose a constructive solution and/or produce a
> list of relevant RC bugs, like I'm trying to do.

It's still my opinion that it would be less work to simply freeze
unstable. That's my constructive solution.

The Debian release management thinks freezing testing is less work.
That's OK (I have no influence on it - I'm not even a Debian developer),
but I do not plan to do anything of the work that is only caused by the
fact that testing is frozen.

> I'll soon generate that list again, but now also with all bugs regarding
> frozen packages, as they won't proceed to sarge automatically. And now
> that the full freeze comes closer, I'll include the bugs unfixed in
> sarge for over 11 days.

You will never find all issues if you only generate lists from the BTS.

If you want to prove me wrong, please show that your scripts tell about
the missing fix for a potential DoS attack in the sarge SpamAssassin.

> --Jeroen

cu
Adrian

       "Only a promise," Lao Er said.