Re: Potato revision 1

On Wed, Sep 13, 2000 at 14:22:47 +0200, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> > 	* postgresql has 3 important bugs (one of which is just closed, and
> > 	  the other two of which seem to be the same, but are at least real)
>
> It's a new major upstream version, which hasn't been fieldtested very long
> yet,

I have a fairly important, big data set stored in PostgreSQL 7 with the
woody packages installed on top of an otherwise potato system for quite some
time though, with no real problems. There is a problem with VACUUMing a
database with a lot of indices on it, but even without VACUUMing things work
fine and fast.

> has an upgrade-path that isn't what it should be yet, etc.

IMHO, this is the big if.

Ray
--
ART  A friend of mine in Tulsa, Okla., when I was about eleven years old.
I'd be interested to hear from him. There are so many pseudos around taking