Re: shortening release cycles

> Le Sun, Jul 11, 1999 at 02:12:48AM -0400, Adam Di Carlo écrivait:
>
> First what I want to say, is that I subsribed to this list as an
> "unofficial" coordinator for the switch to perl-5.005.
>
> Now I'm also a member of debian-qa and would like to give it a
> second life where it could be really useful.
>
> >  * shut down new-maintainer
> >    problem: don't see how it helps anything
>
> It doesn't help but we could add some rules in order to go in the
> right direction, ie don't allow new maintainer to start with new
> packages, but only with orphaned packages. They could only make
> new packages after some month of experience with us.

Given that developers are volunteers, and package what they want to,
telling someone who is willing "No, you can't package -that- until you
work on something else first" might be just the right thing to say to
discourage a new developer.  Or even an upstream developer who wants to
make Debian packages available.

--
     Buddha Buck                      bmbuck@zaphid.dhis.edu
"Just as the strength of the Internet is chaos, so the strength of our