Re: shortening release cycles

Be careful of problems created by "hard, fast rules"!
I believe that there have been people in the past that became
developers after first packaging and maintaining a new package
outside of the formal debian organization.

You don't want to create a rule that precludes allowing people with
a good performance record from becoming a "new" package developer
just because they have not been a member of debian's developer team.

On Sun, Jul 11, 1999 at 03:44:19PM +0200, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> Le Sun, Jul 11, 1999 at 02:12:48AM -0400, Adam Di Carlo écrivait:
[snip]
> >  * shut down new-maintainer
> >    problem: don't see how it helps anything
>
> It doesn't help but we could add some rules in order to go in the
> right direction, ie don't allow new maintainer to start with new
> packages, but only with orphaned packages. They could only make
> new packages after some month of experience with us.
[snip]