Re: Need for maintainers

Hi Eric,

On Sat, Feb 20, 2021 at 12:16:36PM -0500, Eric Brown wrote:
> inject-into-salsa-git script but it didn't run cleanly because I had
> to configure a few things on my first time through it. However, the
> Salsa repo was created and my repo was pushed to it. I think the only
> thing that may have been missing is a pending tag but that may not be
> applicable.
>
> https://salsa.debian.org/r-pkg-team/r-cran-pingr

Cool!

> I also found that the package postgresql is required for dh-r when
> there is an ITP, so maybe it also belongs as a Recommends.

Thanks for the hint but that would be a bit to heavy as Recommends.  I
rather added it to Suggests and made sure that the code will not fail
when it is missing[1].  Let me know whether you think this is sensible
enough for newcomers and for sure if you find other missing things.

> Please let me know if the repo looks okay if you have a chance. Thanks again,

I've added a tiny nitpicking change: It makes sense to add "GNU R"
somehow to the short description.  This is for sure missing on the
CRAN description but in the Debian universe this hint is usually
helpful.

Since everything else is fine I just uploaded.

Congratulations to your first package in the new queue

     Andreas.

[1] https://salsa.debian.org/r-pkg-team/dh-r/-/commit/bc53877ec22651ffa17ada4add6000fcafb193e8