Re: Need for maintainers

Dear Andreas,

> Yes, that's correct.  I hope you were facing the according FIXMEs in
> d/changelog as expected.  Any better clue how to teach users about this
> would be welcome.

Yes, it was pretty straightforward from there.

> BTW, I will have a Debian packaging workshop at FOSSASIA online meeting

Thanks, I just registered for the conference.

> There is the script /usr/bin/salsa in the devscripts package.  However,
> for pure historic reasons I (and several other team members here) use
>
>    https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/community/helper-scripts/-/blob/master/inject-into-salsa-git
>
> The tools are a bit separated since invented in different teams.  But
> you can download this script and run it inside the root of your new git
> repository.  It should do everything correctly - provided you are a
> member of the R-pkg team and have permissions to create a repository.
>
> You also want to file an ITP bug report for your package which you
> can do easily by using
>
>    itp_from_debian_dir
>
> (in dh-r package).  However, its possibly advisable for pedagogic
> reasons that you do it at least once manually by
>
>    reportbug wnpp

Thanks - I just filed an ITP using reportbug for pingr
(https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=982895). I think I
will need to be granted access to the R-pkg team on salsa. I have
created an account (ericeb) and requested access, if that is
appropriate.

Warm regards,
Eric

--
Eric Brown MD MSc FRCPC
For encryption, OpenPGP public key available on request.