RE: Is there any chance to make mathjaxr non-mandatory in metap

On 30 January 2021 at 17:08, Viechtbauer, Wolfgang (SP) wrote:
| Dear All,
|
| I just submitted an updated version of mathjaxr to CRAN. As described earlier, it now contains the unminified javascript files. Thanks to Duncan, the package now makes use of an install hook to minify the javascript files upon installation (using the 'js' package if it is installed). This shaves off a bit over 1Mb from the installed package (4Mb vs 2.9Mb). So we get the best of both worlds - plain js in the source, minified when installed.

Most excellent. I just update the Debian packaging, sent it back to the NEW
queue and replied to existing mail thread with one of the ftpmasters about it.

So at "some point soon" (for generous definitions of "soon") this should be
in Debian, and then as always "eventually" also in Ubuntu and others.

Big thank you to Wolfgang for making the changes, and to Duncan for the "hook"!

Cheers, Dirk

--
https://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd@debian.org