Re: Is there any chance to make mathjaxr non-mandatory in metap

Dear Andreas

I am rather reluctant to follow James' example and downgrade the documentation for everyone to suit the requirements of one OS, even an important one like Debian. Reverting to the previous version of metap for your packaging also seems undesirable as there was a bug fix albeit a small one. I did not see the maintainer of mathjaxr contributing to the discussion on the R mailing list so I am cc'ing this to him to see if he has any brainwave.

One option would be for me to make a version for you to use for your packaging. I think I can do that without having to edit all the documentation files by giving you a personalised DESCRIPTION, NAMESPACE, and macros.Rd but I have not tested that yet. Of course if you package off the CRAN version that will not work.

Michael