Re: What to do with JS-blobs and Microsoft fonts in inst/doc/*html ?

Hi Steffen,

On Tue, Aug 06, 2019 at 01:05:50PM +0200, Steffen Möller wrote:
> tximport comes with a blob of jquery and fonts in a non-functional
> documentation file. These should be substituted with our jquery package
> but I do not want to do anything that would interfere with the routine
> update script.

Use this script:

    https://salsa.debian.org/r-pkg-team/maintenance-utilities/blob/master/r-exclude-doc

> And I don't really want to just remove the documentation,
> either.

Why?

> Do we have any policy on this? I am tempted to just leave everything as
> it is and override the lintian errors.

I asked on this list two times how to recreate the doc since I was
hoping that somebody knows.  I think the proper solution is to recreate
what we had removed using dh-r but as long as nobody knows how to do
this our packages come without docs that are containing non-free blobs.