Re: r-bioc-biocinstaller (Was: r-base breaks 9 autopkgtests)

Hi Graham,

On Tue, Jul 23, 2019 at 10:30:10PM +0200, Graham Inggs wrote:

> I agree, and elbrus has kindly removed it from testing for us already.
> Once the migration is done, we can request its removal from unstable.

Good.

> > May be I was missing that we need to do Conflicts/Replaces/Provides:
> > r-bioc-biocinstaller which I did in [1] and uploaded.
>
> I don't follow the reason for the Conflicts/Replaces/Provides.  Did
> r-bioc-biocinstaller ship files that are now in r-cran-biocmanager?

No.  However, if a user has r-bioc-biocinstaller installed on a box this
package will not be replaced by anything but it should be removed from
the machine.  This removal can only approached by some conflict to some
of the newly installed packages.  I took the comment inside the
d/changelog I quoted in my other mail as a valid reason for the
Replaces.

> Anyway, I don't think this causes harm, so we can just remove them
> after the migration if they aren't needed.
> I think r-base might need an unversioned Breaks on
> r-bioc-biocinstaller, because no version of r-bioc-biocinstaller is
> compatible with r-base 3.6.

Well, that's another way to get rid of that package.