Re: Who is doing what ? (Re: R-base-3.5 transition) level 1 done

On 1 June 2018 at 17:54, Andreas Tille wrote:
| Hi Dirk,
|
| On Fri, Jun 01, 2018 at 10:02:33AM -0500, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:
| >
| > I was about to start to look into some packages of mine and noticed that the
| > very package I was about to work on (as it is maintained by me) was just
| > uploaded (not by me). That was abind.
|
| I NMUed this single package since I needed it urgently for the r-cran-magic -
| r-cran-geometry dependency chain.  The latter is needed to fix a bug that I
| want to fix inside the transition.  I assumed that this is fine since the
| last upload of the package had an equivalent changelog.
|
| I do not intend to upload any other package of yours.
|
| > This risks leading to aggregate waste of time.
|
| That's true and as I said I do not intend to upload other packages of yours.
|
| > Can we get a show of hands
| > declaring who is working on what, and may that "given that I am not dead yet"
| > I get to work on my packages without someone working on the at the same time?
|
| Sorry if you might have spent time on abind.

All good, did not -- had not enough sparse time yet, but it is good to know
we won't overlap.  If anything is needed urgently let me know else I will
fill in as I find time...

Dirk

--
http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd@debian.org