Re: Problem building latest version of r-cran-rstan

On Thu, Oct 18, 2018 at 08:47:56AM -0500, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:

> | Yes, that's correct and the cause of the issue which was circumvented
> | by the patch above.
>
> A more local solution would be for your r-cran-rstan package to depend on
> libboost1.67-all-dev -- as it actually depends on it.

But this is actually part of my solution - in addition I prevented the
BH dependency since I did not considered it a good idea to pull in two
competing boost versions.

> For the rest of the
> BH-using packages this is less clear.
>
> There is probably a reason why the rest of Debian still has 1.62 as the
> default Boost version.

I admit I have not yet tested all R packages but you confirmed that CRAN
servers are using a higher version than 1.62.  Thus for the R packages I
do not see any reason to stick to 1.62.