Re: Problem building latest version of r-cran-rstan

On 18 October 2018 at 11:52, Andreas Tille wrote:
| Hi Graham,
|
| On Thu, Oct 18, 2018 at 09:17:30AM +0200, Graham Inggs wrote:
| > On Wed, 17 Oct 2018 at 21:51, Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd@debian.org> wrote:
| > > 3)  Our Boost is behind at 1.62.  CRAN of course builds with my cross-platform

That was wrong. I was in a rush checking packages.d.o.

| > >     BH package (for parts of Boost) which is at 1.66.
| >
| > I confirm that r-cran-stan 2.18.1-1 from salsa builds in Ubuntu 18.10
| > where Boost 1.67 is the default.

Good. So we have no issue.

So how come your build failed at first but fails no more?  Where you on
stable and you now filled in via backports?

| Thanks for the helpful hint.  I've successfully build against
| libboost1.67-dev and filed #911291 requesting a match between the
| version number of r-cran-bh and the libboost version it pulls in.

Those are two independently moving parts and I am not convinved the patch is
a good idea.

Dirk

--
http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd@debian.org