Re: Problems with recent r-pkg-team uploads

On Sat, May 05, 2018 at 09:24:03PM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
> Aaaaargh.  I need to check.  The Vcs fields should be injected by
> libconfig-model-dpkg-perl when doing
>
>     cme fix dpkg-control
>
> This worked reliably for a sufficient time so I did not checked
> the latest uploads.  I'll check and re-upload.  Thanks a lot for
> spotting this.

I've now made sure that

   grep "salsa.debian.org/med-team/r-bioc" r-*/debian/control
   grep -L '^Vcs' */debian/control

inside the dir where I keep my r-* clones remains empty.  I consider
this additional work the punishment I deserve for not checking in
advance.  Thanks for spotting this and please keep on watching me. ;-)

> > Are automated tools being used for this?  Do the tools need some work
> > before we start the r-api-3.5 transition?
>
> As I announced here
>
>     https://lists.debian.org/debian-r/2018/04/msg00041.html
>
> I'm using a scipt routine-update, which worked since mid-April
> quite nicely.

The routine-update script should be fine - I just initially did the
wrong specification to the cme authors and missed to check afterwards.

I'll add additional checks to avoid this kind of things in the future.