Re: Problems with recent r-pkg-team uploads

Hi Graham,

On Sat, May 05, 2018 at 01:09:35PM +0200, Graham Inggs wrote:
> I've noticed some weird things with recent R uploads:
>
> 1. The commit message shows 'Standards-Version: 4.1.4 ', but the
> Vcs-Browser and Vcs-Git fields get blown away. [1][2][3]
>
> 2. The commit message shows 'Point Vcs fields to salsa.debian.org',
> and the Vcs=* fields are updated to
> 'https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/r-*.git' which does not exist,
> instead of 'https://salsa.debian.org/r-pkg-team/r-*.git'.  The
> Maintainer field should probably be updated to 'Debian R Packages
> Maintainers <r-pkg-team@alioth-lists.debian.net>' here, too.

Aaaaargh.  I need to check.  The Vcs fields should be injected by
libconfig-model-dpkg-perl when doing

    cme fix dpkg-control

This worked reliably for a sufficient time so I did not checked
the latest uploads.  I'll check and re-upload.  Thanks a lot for
spotting this.

> Are automated tools being used for this?  Do the tools need some work
> before we start the r-api-3.5 transition?

As I announced here

    https://lists.debian.org/debian-r/2018/04/msg00041.html

I'm using a scipt routine-update, which worked since mid-April
quite nicely.  Something is broken now - sorry for the mess.