Re: Upcoming Bioconductor 3.7 release, developed for R 3.5.0

Hi Sébastien,

On Thu, Apr 19, 2018 at 11:43:02AM +0200, Sébastien Villemot wrote:

> > Therefore, I recommend to wait for Bioconductor 3.7 before rebuilding
> > the r-bioc-* packages against r-base 3.5.  This will save some work.
>
> We are tied here by the timing of the R transition: we will have to do the
> rebuilds quickly once R 3.5 is uploaded to unstable, which might happen before
> Bioconductor 3.7 is released.
>
> However, rebuilds come at no cost for arch:any package. For arch:all we have to
> do sourceful uploads, but this can be automated to some extent.

Apropos automatisation.  I've spent some time in testing a script that's
just implementing all routine calls I did for upgrading r-* packages.
Despite it needs a not yet released version of libconfig-model-dpkg-perl
I pushed it to

   https://salsa.debian.org/r-pkg-team/maintenance-utilities/blob/master/routine-update

for the comfort of anybody who wants to help keeping R packages up to
date.  I would not have announced this before libconfig-model-dpkg-perl
version 2.108 is released but this is to be expected soon[1] and the
topic of our thread here just fits.  I think after further testing of
others and thorough inspection of the results we might move it over to
the dh-r package.

Have fun

     Andreas.

[1] https://lists.debian.org/debian-perl/2018/04/msg00020.html