Re: Problems with recent r-pkg-team uploads

On 5 May 2018 at 13:09, Graham Inggs wrote:
| Hi
|
| I've noticed some weird things with recent R uploads:
|
| 1. The commit message shows 'Standards-Version: 4.1.4 ', but the
| Vcs-Browser and Vcs-Git fields get blown away. [1][2][3]
|
| 2. The commit message shows 'Point Vcs fields to salsa.debian.org',
| and the Vcs=* fields are updated to
| 'https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/r-*.git' which does not exist,
| instead of 'https://salsa.debian.org/r-pkg-team/r-*.git'.  The
| Maintainer field should probably be updated to 'Debian R Packages
| Maintainers <r-pkg-team@alioth-lists.debian.net>' here, too.
|
| Are automated tools being used for this?  Do the tools need some work
| before we start the r-api-3.5 transition?

Please also see https://bugs.debian.org/897262

The ${R:Depends} etc are not reflected for the set of 'Priority: Recommended'
packages (that r-recommended depends upon, and which essentially every user
of R should have).

Dirk

--
http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd@debian.org