Re: Choice of a Maintainer address for the team

On Wed, Apr 18, 2018 at 02:44:15PM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:

> > Basically we have two options:
> >
> > 1) team+r-pkg-team@tracker.debian.org
> >    Pros: allows fine-tuning of DAK/BTS message subscriptions
> >    Cons: human messages go to /dev/null (but this is temporary, see #891504)
>
> When reading the bug log of #891504 I do not have the impression that
> there is any short term solution.  The issue is just recorded but no
> response if or when it will be solved.

I remember having read on irc that this buxy considered this a bug that he
would fix. But there is no ETA, so some uncertainty indeed surrounds this.

Also note that human emails sent at $PACKAGE@packages.debian.org are not lost,
only those directly sent to team+r-pkg-team@tracker.debian.org currently are.

> > 2) debian-r@lists.debian.org
> >    Pros: simplicity (only one email address for the team, no need to subscribe
> >          to tracker.debian.org)
> >    Cons: everyone receives all emails for all packages, no tuning possibility
>
> I think bluring this list with automatic messages, specifically we seem
> to trigger way more of these than human messages also does not seem to
> be a good idea.
>
> > My preference goes for 1), though I would also be fine with 2).
>
> I slightly agree since the cons of 1) are not as worse as for 2) but I
> somehow wished we would have a real maintainers list as it was usual in
> the "good old days" of Alioth. ;-)  So I'm somehow wondering whether
> creating a new list on alioth-lists.debian.net might be a third option.
> If this is not I'd say:  I do not disagree with 1) but I'm not happy
> about it.

I was not aware of that 3rd option on alioth-lists.debian.net. Are you sure
that there is the possibility of creating a new list there? This does not seem
to be mentioned anywhere.

Best,

--
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀  Sébastien Villemot