Re: Announcing the availability of first Qt 3.3 packages

Chris Cheney <ccheney@cheney.cx> writes:

> On Tue, Jun 15, 2004 at 05:43:33PM -0700, Brian Nelson wrote:
>>
>> Why do you insist so stubbornly on maintaining the package?  You don't
>> take very good care of it, and you've said in the past that you don't
>> even do any Qt development.
>
> If you saw Qt before a few of us beat on it around April 2002 you would
> understand why no one else _wants_ to maintain it. Trolltech is very
> lacking in clue and had to be constantly beat on to do things
> competently. They may be getting better but from what I have heard
> recently they are still pretty incompetent. I was originally going to
> maintain Qt as well but ran away screaming. ;) Thats pretty bad
> considering the shape KDE was in at the time as well...

Yeah, I'm quite aware of Trolltech's occasional insanity.  However, I'm
maintaining a fork anyway so maintaining the Debian package wouldn't
really be much extra work for me.

I'm not qualified to be the sole maintainer since I don't use KDE--I
don't even use many Qt apps other than ones I develop for beer money.  A
group collaboration thing would be cool though.

I don't want to tear the package from Madkiss's hands if he doesn't want
to give it up, since it's really not worth fighting over to me.  If he
wasn't so damn stubborn and difficult I'd even be willing to work with
him.

--
You win again, gravity!