Re: Announcing the availability of first Qt 3.3 packages

Christopher Martin <christopher.martin@utoronto.ca> writes:

> On June 13, 2004 12:44, Brian Nelson wrote:
>> For one, they're missing the qaccessible.h header.  It appears to
>> missing from the 3.2.3 packages as well.
>
> Martin, there seem to be a few other bugs open regarding missing files.
> qvfbhdr.h is missing - #182366. tabwidget.png should also allegedly exist
> - #195189. And someone raised a question over the location of headers
> under /u/i/qt3, that I'm not qualified to answer fully, but thought I'd
> mention - please see #226990. There are yet more reports on missing
> headers, but these are the ones that are still relevant, from what I can
> tell.

IMO, the reason for the missing files is the ridiculous number of
superfluous packages Qt has been split into.  Is it really necessary to
have libqt3-mt-dev, libqt3-headers, libqt3-compat-headers,
qt3-dev-tools, qt3-designer, qt3-apps-dev, qt3-linguist, qt3-assistant,
qt3-qtconfig, qt3-dev-tools-embedded, qt3-dev-tools-compat, etc. (I
think I even left some out!) in separate packages?  Just a single -dev
package seems sufficient to me.

It makes me wonder what kind of a bribe it took to get this past the
ftp-masters.

--
You win again, gravity!