Re: pkg-kde: commit - rev 90 - in trunk/packages/kdelibs/debian: . dh-make

On April 5, 2004 08:05 pm, Ben Burton wrote:
> IMO it's still worth encouraging it in Packaging.txt - even KDE users
> encouter the missing icons nowadays in the Debian menu, where all the
> KDE apps are duplicated (AIUI).  And for people who don't use KDE (or
> GNOME?), unless we supply icons in the debian menu files, they won't
> have any icons for these KDE apps at all.
>
> Even if you're not adding icons to kdebase right now, it's still worth
> encouraging packagers of new apps to do it properly. :)

While we're on the subject of good practice, I've also noticed that
the .desktop files that constitute the KDE menu are spread
between /usr/share/applications/kde and /usr/share/applnk. Both locations
seem to work, but is there a preferred standard? I've always used applnk,
but with 3.2 applications/kde seems to have become more popular. If there
is a preferred place, then this might be worth mentioning in
Packaging.txt as well.

Thanks,
Christopher Martin