Re: Why does kdm still set dpi to 100?

On Monday 19 January 2004 23.53, Dominique Devriese wrote:
> Zsolt Rizsanyi writes:
> > So I think the first step is to set the DisplaySize in
> > XF86Config. Then at least startx would work correctly.
>
> There is no way afaict to guess this value for every user's
> configuration, or is there ?

I think it can be guessed for most of the current hw configurations.
For the systems where it cannot be guessed the user should enter the
values. He already does need to enter the horizontal and vertical refresh
ranges of the monitor and the display size can be found at the same place
in the manual :)

> What do you think should change in the Debian packages ?

The above should be enough, and of course removing the -dpi setting from
the kdm configuration.

Regards
Zsolt