Why does kdm still set dpi to 100?

I recently noticed that kdm for Debian sets the Xserver dpi to 100 with its
-dpi 100 switch. I know that all the old de-uglification docs recommended
this to deal with Netscape's handling of bitmap fonts on X. But now that X
has better support for truetype fonts (plus the free Bitstream Vera fonts),
should this be removed? Anyone who still wants it could exit
the /etc/kde3/kdm/Xservers file, or better yet, the XF86Config file.

I would think that this change would be best made during the KDE 2.x -> 3.x
change that will happen with sarge. (If people here think it's a good idea,
that is.)

So, what do you think?

Frank