Re: Why does kdm still set dpi to 100?

On Monday 19 January 2004 23.19, Frank Murphy wrote:
> On Monday 19 January 2004 10:09, Zsolt Rizsanyi wrote:
> > On Monday 19 January 2004 20.46, you wrote:
> > > It's a bit unfair though, to want the xfree packages to automatically
> > > configure the dpi when kdm doesn't either.
> >
> > I don't understand. You said that kdm should not set the dpi because the
> > X server autodetects it. In that case I would expect the autodetection to
> > work correctly.
>
> Actually, it can be autodetected, but some of the X drivers are buggy. By
> overriding the autodetection, we won't find which drivers are buggy. Here's
> a message about it from the X list:
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-x/2003/debian-x-200312/msg00387.html

I didn't know about that.
This, of course, changes the things quite a bit and now I completely agree
with your suggestion.

I would just note it, that I did never let my X server autodetect the display
size in the last two years (I always set DisplaySize). So maybe my driver is
already fixed. I will check it when I get to it.

Regards
Zsolt