Re: kdebase, kdemultimedia ETAs?

On Fri, Jan 09, 2004 at 11:27:44AM -0600, Colin Watson wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 05, 2004 at 03:26:27PM -0600, Chris Cheney wrote:
> > On Mon, Jan 05, 2004 at 09:55:49PM +0100, Dominique Devriese wrote:
> > > I think we all would very much like KDE 3.2 in sarge.  I have a newly
> > > added application in there e.g., that deserves more attention.
> > > However, we have to make a concession at some point, and we have to
> > > keep Debian's interests in mind. If other Debian devs see that KDE
> > > gets to upload a brand new version, they'll want to do the same, and
> > > we can write off all chances to a quick Debian release.
>
> I fully agree with Nathanael's position here. Uploading KDE 3.2 at this
> point will probably kill your chances of getting a working KDE in sarge,
> or else delay sarge radically, since the version of KDE in testing is
> not currently releaseable. (An installable kdemultimedia would have got
> into testing tonight if it weren't for the recent upload; fortunately it
> narrowly escaped screwing over newer versions of
> jack-audio-connection-kit and alsa-lib, which are needed for GNOME.
> There are a lot of interdependencies which still need to be resolved.)

By the way do you know when people are going to stop breaking KDE? Just
today or yesterday(?) Graham Wilson uploaded a new libxslt1 that broke
around 47 packages including kdelibs, koffice, kopete, and various gnome
and xml libs...

Pretty much every time I upload new KDE debs someone yanks libs out from
under it, I have ranted about this before on debian-devel in the past and
the general consensus was this is a good thing...

Yea, I'll believe sarge is close to release when I see it.

Chris