Re: SciDaVis v.1.14

On Wed, Jan 4, 2017 at 7:07 AM, v_2e wrote:

>   I tried to send a letter to this mailing list recently, but I cannot
> see it in the list archive. I guess, it may have happened because of
> the attachment. So in this letter I suggest a link to the corresponding
> file. Here is the link:
> https://ftp.wombat.org.ua/Debian/scidavis_1.14-local1.debian.tar.bz2

Please report a bug against the scidavis package asking for the new
upstream release to be uploaded and include a link to your version of
the package and a debdiff between the Debian version and your version.
You may also want to offer co-maintenance of the package and help with
future uploads. The package maintainer (Georges Khaznadar) will
receive your bug report, review the changes and upload a new version
as appropriate.

https://www.debian.org/Bugs/Reporting

> After all these changes I managed to build the scidavis_1.14 package on
> my Jessie AMD64 system successfully. So I hope my files may be used to
> put the SciDaVis into Debian repository.

BTW, when uploading to Debian generally new versions go to Debian
unstable, so you should build and test there.

You may also want to read the mentors site:

https://mentors.debian.net/intro-maintainers

--
bye,
pabs