Re: can I help to replace packages.qa.debian.org by tracker.debian.org?

Hello Stéphane,

On Thu, 01 Oct 2015, Stéphane Blondon wrote:
> I'd like to help to replace packages.qa.debian.org by
> tracker.debian.org. As far I understood the presentation by Raphaël
> Hertzog in DebConf15, there are lacking features which prevent to switch.

The presentation was made by Christophe Siraut but I answered some
questions at the end :-)

> So I'd to send patches to reach this goal. I write web application with
> python (but not with Django framework) as part of my dayjob.

Thank you for your help offer.

So for me the main blocker is the mail handling part but I'm currently
working on it (see #754913 and #754745). I pushed my current work in
progress in the people/hertzog/mailprocessing branch.

I'm also rather unhappy by the fact that each view of package page
requires something like 80 SQL requests. It's not a practical problem
right now but we should make some efforts to optimize this. I don't think
that I have opened any bug report for this. Feel free to do it
to start a conversation about this if you want to work on it and
have some more details.

After that, there are some feature regressions, Paul Wise already pointed
you to those. I don't consider them as blocker but it would be nice to
get them fixed anyway... at least when there are users who are asking for
them.

> - Is there a specific team/people to contact?

I'm leading the work on Distro Tracker and I'm subscribed to debian-qa.
You can also chat with me on #debian-qa on OFTC (I'm "buxy" there).

Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer