Re: can I help to replace packages.qa.debian.org by tracker.debian.org?

On Thu, Oct 1, 2015 at 12:58 AM, Stéphane Blondon wrote:

> I'd like to help to replace packages.qa.debian.org by
> tracker.debian.org. As far I understood the presentation by Raphaël
> Hertzog in DebConf15, there are lacking features which prevent to switch.

Excellent, anything you can do to help will be much appreciated.

> So I'd to send patches to reach this goal. I write web application with
> python (but not with Django framework) as part of my dayjob.

The tracker is using Django so I'd suggest you start by familiarising
yourself with that.

> - Is there a specific team/people to contact?

debian-qa is the relevant team and Raphael Hertzog is the primary
person who has been working on the tracker since Marko Lalic finished
his GSoC project.

> - Is there a list of the required features?
> https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?pkg=tracker.debian.org is
> probably a good start but I don't know how to sort between required
> features bugs and others ones.

I tried to mark regressions with the word regression in the bug
subject but there are definitely more. In addition a long time ago I
compared the code between the PTS and the tracker and made a TODO list
of the differences. I tried to transfer some of these to the BTS but
never found time to complete it. If you would like to look at my list
and do another comparison between the PTS and the tracker and add
relevant things to the BTS that would be great.

https://lists.debian.org/debian-qa/2014/07/msg00092.html

> Please keep me in CC, I didn't subscribed to the qa-team mailing list.

Done.

--
bye,
pabs