Re: PTS: host static files on static.d.o?

On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 09:44:26PM +0200, Martin Zobel-Helas wrote:
> what is the reason to move away from working static webpages?

I've discussed it in <[🔎] 20130425105118.GC31500@upsilon.cc> on this list,
maybe you can comment on that? I'll be happy to provide more details.

Also, let me reiterate what I've told you on IRC on this subject
already. I totally understand the need of putting strict technical
requirements on what should be hosted on DSA-administered
infrastructure. But, first, I think they should be on some observable
load figures (e.g. the PTS load/memory usage should remain under X, it
should be mirrorable, etc.) and not on some under-the-hood design
choices. That would help driving the design rather than blacklisting
specific evolution paths.

Second, here we're talking about an experiment, because no one currently
has the scalability figures that are needed to judge whether a dynamic
(or semi-dynamic) alternative is viable or not. It sounds like you're
against experimenting to check whether the alternatives are viable or
not. And that is rarely a wise thing to do.

Cheers.
Former Debian Project Leader  . . @zack on identi.ca . . o o o . . . o .