Re: Python code to retrieve all open wnpp bugs

On Sun, Mar 22, 2009 at 19:21, Lucas Nussbaum <lucas@lucas-nussbaum.net> wrote:
> On 22/03/09 at 19:07 +0100, Sandro Tosi wrote:
>> On Sun, Mar 22, 2009 at 17:37, Sandro Tosi <morph@debian.org> wrote:
>> > Hello,
>> > I'm looking for a way from python code to obtain all the open wnpp bugs.
>> >
>> > I try to use btsutils (query('pkg:wnpp')), but it returns all the bugs
>> > ever reported (~2900) that's too much for the ~400 we should have in
>> > open state.
>>
>> as kmap pointed out on irc, those numbers are a little "strange", now
>> I clarify: I need the wnpp bugs for O/ITA/RFA not ITP/RFP; that's teh
>> reduction in counting.
>>
>> I was my mind focused on the problem, and forgot about the whole story :)
>
> There's an "orphaned_packages" table in UDD with the following

that's an interesting new point-of-view.

I would like fresh data, so I take
http://qa.debian.org/data/orphaned.txt and packages maintained by "QA
Group" on the local Packages file (updated frequently), so here are
some questions:

- is UDD querable by any host (my pc for example) or only by *.debian.org ?
- how fresh is data on it? hours, days, weeks?
- what's the policy for reports from UDD? If i'll follow udd-way, I
consider moving all the logic of this report on it, so:
  - are views (materialized view also) preferred to live query (from
web page, f.e.)?
  - how do you store logic code? prefer procedure/functions on the db,
or extracted to a "processing" layer, be it directly web pages or a 2
layer (programm connects to udd, elaborate, and "outputs" a web page)?
  - is it a transactional db or more a datawarehouse (with staging
area and consolidated data generated from it)?