Re: piuparts PTS integration

On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 07:45:16PM +0100, Holger Levsen wrote:
> Heh, cool! :-)

Faster than you can think ;)

> Hm. That will need some changes. There are no logfiles for source
> packages.  Hm. I could probably create them as meta-pages linking to
> the real logfile(s).

Not a big deal. The PTS has always had maps between binary and source
packages. So if you prefer to produce result ordered per binary
packages that is fine too; we'll load them, associate them to binary
packages and link to the individual binary failures.  The only
potential problem is for source packages with a lot of binary packages
which will all be failing. That will potentially imply a lot of links
for the PTS, which is not something we would like.

If, in your experience, it is rare to have such situations we can
ignore the problem and live with the sporadic link issues. If not I
would personally prefer a per-source report and link to it from the
PTS.

> But then "latest" should be replaced with "$version".

This is fine *if* you plan to have piuparts run often "enough". Not
having them for, say, months and having for the same period a warning
which was fixed several uploads ago will become annoying for
maintainers.

> Also, there are three tests being done: "installation and removal in
> sid", "installation and removal in squeeze", "installation in lenny,
> then upgrade and removal in sqeeze". Not sure how to put that into
> the PTS..

Well, I'd say first of all to tag them appropriately in the report,
just to avoid loosing information. In the beginning we can ignore the
distinction and just "sum" them up in the total number of failures,
delegating to the target report page a more detailed explanation. But
nothing inhibits to show them in some way, e.g., with a tooltip on the
link target.

Cheers.