Re: piuparts PTS integration

Hi,

On Dienstag, 17. März 2009, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> > Yes. Once it's more ready I plan to request access for all qa-team
> > members to piatti and the piupartsm account, to be able to process
> > logfiles on the host.
>
> It might be more useful to start a new group specifically for that.
> Also, reviewing such logs is something that newcomers in Debian
> development can do. (it's not too hard, and it makes you learn lots of
> things about maintainer scripts). So coming up with something that
> doesn't require a Debian account sounds better.

All true, but that requires more code. The way piuparts-master currently works
is that the logfiles are used to keep state for the master. Thats a quite
clever design, but requires being able to have access as master user.

Still, copying the logs away and creating commands to be run on piatti should
work fine.

So the first imlementation for a mass filing application will probably just
run on piatti.

regards,
	Holger