Re: Xapian database to complement UDD

Hi all!

On Fri, Nov 7, 2008 at 12:56, Enrico Zini <enrico@enricozini.org> wrote:
> for debtags.debian.net/search I'm using a Xapian database as a backend.  I
> could not use UDD because I take advantage of several feature that are unique
> to a full text index rather than a relational database.

I know nothing about xapian (neither of postgresql) so sorry if my
information are wrong, but reading [1] I noticed that tsearch2[2] was
integrated into psql v8.3[3], so that we can do full text search
directly from the database[4], since UDD is running on a "PostgreSQL
8.3.1" server.

Hope this help,
Sandro

[1] http://www.wikivs.com/wiki/MySQL_vs_PostgreSQL