Re: Xapian database to complement UDD

On Sat, Nov 08, 2008 at 03:57:14PM +0100, Sandro Tosi wrote:
> I know nothing about xapian (neither of postgresql) so sorry if my
> information are wrong, but reading [1] I noticed that tsearch2[2] was
> integrated into psql v8.3[3], so that we can do full text search
> directly from the database[4], since UDD is running on a "PostgreSQL
> 8.3.1" server.

Yes, but we don't want to duplicate work.

UDD currently does not inject stuff like full bug logs or package
descriptions, while Enrico as worked on that stuff already and has
already a working full text search infrastructure.

We really don't want to duplicate/re-implement that elsewhere.

Cheers.

--
Stefano Zacchiroli -*- PhD in Computer Science \ PostDoc @ Univ. Paris 7
Dietro un grande uomo c'è sempre /oo\ All one has to do is hit the right