Xapian database to complement UDD

Hello,

for debtags.debian.net/search I'm using a Xapian database as a backend.  I
could not use UDD because I take advantage of several feature that are unique
to a full text index rather than a relational database.

It turns out that Xapian can support remote queries:

    http://xapian.org/docs/remote.html

So I was thinking: how if I set up the machinery to generate and maintain a
Xapian database, alongside UDD, with information about Debian packages, that is
accessible by the same machines that UDD is accessible from?  That would allow
to write applications that take advantage of both.

I will make a prototype as soon as the new vps for debtags.debian.net is set
up.  In the meantime, I wanted to make my intention public, just in case that
would catch a flying useful suggestion.

Ciao,

Enrico