Re: Orphaned packages that were not part of etch

Hi,

On Tuesday 22 July 2008 21:54, Raphael Geissert wrote:
> You filed a bug against karchiver because it:
[...]
> * is orphaned (...); and because
[...]
> And because of those reasons we are preventing a package from being shipped
> in lenny? Is that right?

Yes. It's orphaned. If you really care about the package, please adopt it.
Thanks.

> IMHO there are many other packages that are better candidates for not being
> shipped in lenny than the above mentioned example.

Debian is a distribution which is organised in a way that there are packages
and package maintainers. *Pause*
Sometimes the latter give up, so these packages are orphaned, Orphaned
packages which are not picked up by new maintainers IMHO shouldn't be part of
a Debian release.

regards,
	Holger