Re: Orphaned packages that were not part of etch

Frank Lichtenheld wrote:

> On Sun, Jul 20, 2008 at 04:45:42PM +0200, Frank Lichtenheld wrote:
>> I've compiled a list of orphaned packages that were not part of etch
>> (and, unless otherwise noted, were not part of sarge).
>>
>> I think it would be a good idea to remove some of them (at least from
>> testing) before lenny's release. Including a package in a stable release
>> gives it much more weight and it usually survives longer in the archive
>> even if it only bitrots. So removing unneccessary packages now would be
>> a good idea IMHO.
>
> I've now filed bugs against those packages:

http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?tag=npolsr-cleanup;users=debian-qa@lists.debian.org

Let me see if I got it right:
You filed a bug against karchiver because it:
* is not in etch (because it was not uploaded in time for etch),
* is orphaned (...); and because
* it has a "low" popcon (283/86 inst/vote; for a package that has never been
in stable)
And because of those reasons we are preventing a package from being shipped
in lenny? Is that right?

IMHO there are many other packages that are better candidates for not being
shipped in lenny than the above mentioned example.

> Gruesse,

Atomo64 - Raphael

Please avoid sending me Word, PowerPoint or Excel attachments.