Re: [RFC] fixing sourceforge watch files

[Adam: Sorry, hit the wrong reply key; I'm not used to posting on
 mailing lists yet.]

* "Adam D. Barratt" <adam@adam-barratt.org.uk> (Wed, 18 Jun 2008 18:25:05 +0100):
> Fabian Pietsch wrote:
> >* "Adam D. Barratt" <adam@adam-barratt.org.uk> (Tue, 17 Jun 2008
> >19:11:21 +0100):
> [...]
> >>+# If your package is located on sourceforge, you can avoid its
> >>+# mirror system by using the following format. Note that the
> >>trailing +# \?.+ is required.
> >>+http://sourceforge.net/projects/audacity/files \\
> >>+
> >>http://downloads.sourceforge.net/.+/audacity-src-(.+)\\.tar\\.gz\\?.+

> >Also keeping the "avoid its mirror system" phrase in the comment seems
> >misleading without the qa.debian.org redirector reference. AIUI, SF's
> >mirror system will still be used, just a mirror picked automatically
> >without the intermediary page. Plus, this seems to be the default now,
> >not a tricky circumvention.
>
> s/its mirror system/the use of a hard-coded mirror/ perhaps.

Sounds good.

Except, on second thought, it could just be "If your package is located
on sourceforge, the following format should work." or something to that
effect, as it can just be treated like any other upstream site now, with
the directly retrievable links. ... But that's bikeshedding. ;)

Regards, Fabian

--
Fabian "zzz" Pietsch - http://www.canvon.de/