Re: New lintian pages available for testing

Hi Russ,

On Thursday 3 January 2008 01:16, Russ Allbery wrote:
>     http://lintian.debian.org/reports-testing/

This looks good in general, it's a clear improvement over what we have.

> * The HTML pages are now templatized (using Text::Template).  The core of
>   many of the pages is still generated by some not-horribly-pleasant Perl
>   embedded in the templates, but all of the transformation from data to
>   HTML should now be in the templates so that someone can modify them
>   independent of the main script.

Great. Would this include the capability to wrap different tag severities in
different HTML-tags so each could get their own CSS class?

> * There are two reports for each maintainer.  The one under maintainer,
>   matching the existing URL scheme, shows errors and warnings as before.
>   The one under full shows all tags, including info and overridden tags.
>   The tag index links to the full page, and the maintainer index links to
>   both.

I was thinking that this could be better implemented by generating one page
per maintainer with all tags, and that I and O are hidden elements by
default. A link on the page would then just toggle the visibility of that CSS
class (just like the legend at the top of the DDPO).

The advantage is less output to generate and no need to reload a page between
toggles. A possible drawback could be that the E/W pages get a larger
filesize. Are there significantly more I+O tags so that the 'full' pages are
getting very large?

thanks,
Thijs